What Lead Me Here:
As a young girl I was hypersensitive and did not understand how to manage everything going on around me. I lacked a relationship with my father and was bullied harshly at school, and at a young age developed anxiety with anorexia as a way to cope with the anxiety I was experiencing. When I was 16 years old I got into a very abusive relationship with a drug addict, we had spent four years together and had a son when the relationship came to an end when he was murdered. The years of experience I had in the relationship left me with Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Life became extremely difficult, every day came with a mind set of fear and pain and it caused a lot of challenges in my ability to be a good mother, and functional in society. For the past two years I have been working diligently to heal and have learned a whole lot and want to help others do the same.
It is possible to be whole….
Here are a few things that will help you get there….
- Spirituality: Whatever your beliefs may be, and whether you consider them spiritual or not, find meaning and purpose deeper than yourself.
- Self Compassion: Have empathy and compassion for your own story and who you are today, put a halt to your inner critic and replace those voices with love. The fear or ego based parts of you were formed subconsciously to protect you, and as difficult as those parts may be, love them too… Wounds can only heal when they are loved and nurtured…
- Gratitude: Practice gratitude everyday. Find ten things you are grateful for every single day, write them down, and truly feel your appreciation for them.
- Eat nutrient filled foods, take any vitamins or supplements needed, and look into amino acids, there’s likely to be some that could help you out greatly.
- Stay Present: Stay right here. Wherever you are. The past cannot be undone, the future can be changed, shaped, and formed, but not by fear, but by what you choose now.
- Say Goodbye to Your Past: Tell those old versions of yourself goodbye, you cannot go back there, you cannot change anything, and your old selves are no longer compatible with your life anymore, you can’t bring them back, you are forever changed and forever changing, accept that and send those past versions away with love.
- Set an Intention Every Day: Start your day by setting an intention. Be the master of your mind and focus your attention on that intention all throughout your day. When we become more and more attuned with ourselves and the energy around us, we gain the ability to consciously choose which energy to tap into, it begins with an awareness of your thoughts.